Willow Midwife Center for Birth and Wellness AZ, a midwife owned free-standing birth center in Mesa, AZ, is excited to announce the WMC Certified Nurse-Midwife Fellowship program.
We offer a continuum of care that includes advocacy, evidence-based protocols, and mindfulness practices in a beautiful and empowering setting. We currently offer preconception, prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, lactation, GYN, well-woman visits, and integrated behavioral health services. We support an average of 25-35 births per month and provide extensive educational offerings to prepare clients for their pregnancy and birth journey. In addition to having supportive collaborative and referral relationships as a part of our medical community, we are privileged to engage with an extensive network of professionals in our birth community including doulas, birth photographers, chiropractors, acupuncturists, massage therapists, psychotherapists, and more. We also anticipate the opening of our second birth central in Central Phoenix in January 2022, and a third location in Gilbert, AZ in spring 2022.
This 12-month fellowship program will provide the opportunity for a new midwife or a midwife seeking community-based birth experience to attend births and work in the clinic as a part of a team of CNMs participating in full-scope midwifery and primary care to our community. Fellowship experience includes 4-6 clinic days, twelve 24-hour call shifts, and 4 staff meetings per month. In addition to experience working in the birth center, a program of outside collaborative mentorship and learning opportunities will be facilitated throughout the year
The ideal candidate would be enthusiastic about attending birth in an out-of-hospital setting alongside another midwife, enjoys providing individualized emotional support to families in preparation and during birth, and is eager to expand their experience in a supportive and integrated model that embraces pregnancy as a physical, emotional, and spiritual journey.
Compensation during the program is $50,000 annually and includes 1.5 weeks of PTO as well as health benefits.
For consideration, candidates should also have the following qualifications:
– Master’s degree or higher in Nurse-Midwifery
– Certification as a CNM by the American Midwifery Certification Board
– Unencumbered licensure in the State of Arizona as a Certified Nurse-Midwife or ability to obtain promptly
– Current NRP and BLS certifications
– Must qualify for malpractice insurance provided by WMC
– Proficiency with electronic health records, Microsoft Office products, Zoom and a willingness to learn other computer databases and tools as needed
– Must possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license
– IBCLC credentials considered desirable
How to apply:
Apply by submitting the following by email to: email@example.com
– Cover letter stating the reasons for your interest in community birth and your career goals
– Curriculum vitae/resume
– Name, email, address, and phone number for 3 professional references
Willow Midwife Center for Birth and Wellness AZ, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.