Expert Care for Life: Our Well-Woman Care
At Willow Midwife Center, we realize the importance of women’s health throughout your entire life rather than focusing only on pregnancy. Your health should be a priority regardless of whether or not you’re planning to have kids.
Keeping this in mind, we provide well-woman care services to all of our clients.
What is Well-Woman Care?
As the name indicates, well-woman care encompasses a general health assessment for women. It includes a general health history, sexual health history, a history of any medications you might be taking, menopause counselling, counselling regarding birth control, and mental health assessment.
Well-Woman Care isn’t just about identifying and treating disease, it’s about establishing the importance of one’s health and how being healthy isn’t just limited to having a certain condition.
During a well woman visit, a healthcare provider will usually take a thorough history, do relevant examinations, and prescribe any tests or medications you might need.
Why choose a midwife for my well-woman care?
While it’s entirely up to you who you want to choose during a well-woman visit, you might want to consider going to a midwife for the following reasons.
- You might feel more comfortable in a birth center setting than you would in a hospital or clinic setting. We make sure to create an environment that makes you feel at home and super comfortable, which is often more comfortable than a hospital setting.
- A midwife will have more time to personalize your care according to your needs.
- A midwife will cater their services according to what you need, so they won’t prescribe any unnecessary tests or medications.
- Midwives are highly qualified and certified. So rest assured, your care does have quality control despite the customization you get.
- Midwives usually avoid unnecessary interventions. So if you’re a fan of doing things the natural way, this is something you’ll come to appreciate.
What Care Options are Provided at Willow Midwife Center?
At Willow Midwife Center, we offer an annual well-woman exam. We try to ensure that it’s a relaxed, educational experience for you.
Hence, we make sure to conduct your well woman visit in a comfortable environment with a certified midwife who will talk you through it and listen to what you have to say, so you have the opportunity to discuss any health concerns and possible solutions we can suggest for you.
If you’re looking for contraceptive options, we’ve got you covered!
At Willow Midwife Center, we can offer a wide range of contraceptive options including both hormonal and non-hormonal ones. Rest assured, we will take the time to review all your options and help you decide on the best birth control method for you based on your history and preferences.
We will also provide counseling and instructions for Natural Family Planning and the Fertility Awareness Method.
Some of the options we have to include:
- Cervical caps
- Mirena IUD, Skyla IUD, Paraguard IUD, Liletta IUD
- Oral contraceptive pills, patch, ring
For any other questions, feel free to contact us or book an appointment!