Hello Willow clients. My name is Nikki Brewer. I’m very happy to be a part of the Willow Midwife Center for Birth and Wellness AZ team since there doors opened. I have attended many births at Willow as a doula and birth assistant. I am also in my final phase of my homebirth midwifery certification.
My love for pre and postnatal women began in 1996 with the birth of my first son. During my first pregnancy I became a doula and have been attending births ever since. I began teaching yoga in 2009.
My passions are:
- Educating women and their families
- Mothering the mother
- Teaching traditional yoga as a mirror to pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
BENEFITS FOR PRENATAL YOGA INCLUDE
- Body awareness
- Strengthened central nervous system
- Back pain relief
- Breathing exercises for labor
- Strengthening postures for labor and delivery
- Pelvic floor awareness
- Mantras and mudras
- Community of like minded women
Willow’s team of midwives are there to support you and your baby during the postpartum process. Adding postpartum yoga classes is another way to be supported by Willow.
BENEFITS FOR POSTNATAL YOGA INCLUDE
- Community of postpartum women who understand the highs and lows of the postnatal season.
- Rehabbing the body from the inside out after birth…SAFELY!
- Enjoyable classes with no expectations
In my experience the journey into motherhood brought unexpected changes. I felt somewhat alone in my new experience. My mission is to hold space for women to come as they are. A space for women to feel comfortable trying new classes. A space for women to branch out and meet women who are also pregnant or have young ones. A space to learn and grow.
As we dive into the journey of motherhood it is important to stay connected! To get out and talk, learn, teach and help other women. You are not alone in your experience.
I look forward to meeting you and invite you to connect and practice!
Willow yoga classes can be found in the calendar of events.
CLASSES ARE AS FOLLOWS
Yoga for pregnancy and birth
- Tuesday 4:30
- Thursday 6:00
- Saturday 10:30
- Monday 10:30
- Wednesday 11:00
- Saturday 12:00